Friday, May 15, 2015

Just kids being awesome!

Kids really are awesome!!! They have tons of energy and loads of curiosity. Any time I am tired or lagging in the morning, I just get around a group of 3rd graders and I absorb enough of their energy to keep going for at least a day. I hope that I can get them as excited about learning as I am about teaching.
First graders lining up to use a spotting scope to see baby owls! I've never heard "they're sooooo cute!" more times in my life. Look how awesome these kids are, waiting in line patiently to see owls. Setting a tripod at 1st grader height requires some yoga moves.

Another awesome things about youngsters is how willing they are to volunteer for things. During our camouflage lesson they get to take turns showing the pictures to their classmates. They all want to do it, so it is a great way to bribe them into being still and quiet.
These 3rd graders got to pick a "uniform" to wear on field trip days. They picked tie-dyed shirts! How awesome is that?

Bullfrogs were spotted on a trip around the pond.



No comments:

Post a Comment