Thursday, May 21, 2015

Community outreach.

Most of my job is spent going to classrooms or hosting field trips. When the opportunity to go to a school carnival in my neighborhood for a community outreach event, I jumped at it. Suddenly I was a representative of an organization. The thought didn't occur tome until I got there. I was setting the expectation for anyone who would later interact with the FLC, Boise Parks and Rec, AmeriCorps, and educators. Fortunately for me, I brought a worm composter and stickers, so I was a huge hit. While the kids were busy mining for worms, I had the opportunity to share our activities and mission with the adults. I think I definitely recruited a few new visitors to our next 2nd Saturday event.

Our display table. I put it together myself and was pretty proud of it.

A panorama of the carnival in the school parking lot. Food music, kids, and a DJ. The weather was awesome that day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment