Friday, April 24, 2015

Some days are awesome!

There are cetain days that really click. I go home jumping up and down (literally) shouting about how much I love my job. This leaves my dogs rather confused.


Last week, I had one of those days. A group of 5th graders from a local charter school came for out Geology in the Foothills lesson. This is a 4-hour lesson plan that involves hiking, history, geomorphology, hydrology, erosion, weathering, the rock cycle, and so on. What made this group special was that the kids were super sharp and really funny. they caught on to new concepts quickly, and had a lot of unique interpretations of the geologic features we were looking at. They made a long, hot day really fun and tiring in a good way.
While walking along the edge of a pond, my group spotted some amazing bullfrogs!

Sometimes posing for a picture is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment